Beaver Caucus Members,
Time is winding down, there’s little time on the clock, and we’re behind. A fall Saturday in Corvallis? No! It’s crunch time at the Oregon State Legislature.
In the waning days of Oregon’s legislative session, elected leaders will be making final decisions about funding for higher education. This is our version of the two-minute drill, and the Beaver Caucus has to play a critical role. Will OSU be forced into unreasonable tuition increases and cuts to staff and research programs? Or will state leaders invest in our students, who are the future of Oregon? It’s up to us.
We will advocate for three key issues on May 23rd:
- An overall funding increase for university operating funds to help OSU invest in students and hold down tuition increases
- Funding for our OSU statewide programs
- New funding for the OSU-Cascades Campus
We’ll meet in the Capitol at noon to discuss strategy, messaging and logistics for the day (box lunch provided). Never met with a legislator? No problem! We’ll show you how it’s done, and you’ll go around to your meetings with 3-4 other Beaver Caucus members as a team. In the evening we’ll host a reception with legislative staff and supporters at Ritter’s Restaurant (102 Liberty St., NE Salem, Ore.).
Here’s our agenda for the day:
- Noon – 1:00 p.m. – Meet in Room 167A of the Capitol Building for lunch and strategy and messaging session
- 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Meetings with legislators
- 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Reception (Ritter’s Restaurant)
Register here for the Beaver Caucus Two-Minute Drill on May 23rd
Can’t make it on the 23rd? There’s still a way to help your team. Click here and you can send an email to your state senator and representative.
If you have questions, please contact Beaver Caucus Events Coordinator Rebecca McAuliffe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-539-2856.
I look forward to seeing you in Salem on May 23rd! Go Beavs!