The Oregon State Legislature’s Joint Committee on Ways and Means, which will decide how the state budget is allocated over the next two years, is traveling around the state to hear from Oregonians. We want to make sure that OSU is engaged in the discussion so that our elected officials make higher education a priority.
The Ways and Means Committee is holding hearings in Coos Bay, Pendleton, Redmond, and Portland. Please see the details for the hearings below:
- Coos Bay: Saturday, March 9 – 1pm-3pm – Marshfield High School, Auditorium, 972 Ingersoll Ave.
- Pendleton: Friday, March 15 – 5:30pm – 7:30pm – Blue Mountain Community College, Pioneer Hall, Bob Clapp Theatre, 2411 NW Carden Ave.
- Redmond: Saturday, March 16 – 2pm – 4pm – Deschutes County Fair & Expo Center, Three Sisters Conference and Convention Center (South Sister), 3800 SW Airport Way
- Portland: Thursday, March 21 – 5:30pm – 7:30pm – Portland Community College – Cascade, MAHB 104 Auditorium, 5514 N. Albina Ave.
The Beaver Caucus has identified four key issues that we’ll be advocating for during these hearings:
- An overall increase for university operating funds to help OSU invest in students and hold down tuition increases
- Funding for the Arts and Education Complex on the OSU Corvallis campus
- Funding for the Student Success Center on the OSU-Cascades campus in Bend
- Funding for the OSU statewide public service programs
If these issues resonate with you, can you share your story about what OSU has contributed to you and your community? Please consider testifying at this hearing and urging legislators to support higher education and OSU!
If you haven’t testified before a Legislative Committee, we’re here to help! Email us, firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll walk you through how it’s done and share tips and talking points for presenting your testimony.
The OSU voice must be heard as legislators consider where to invest state funds. OSU and higher education needs your help. Are you willing to be that voice? Please email us, email@example.com, if you’re willing to testify.
Thank you for your support of OSU. Go Beavs!